General Terms and Conditions
See "Contact us" for our booking form.
General Terms and Conditions (Gite holidays):
(1) Access, parking, arrival and departure:
- Hopefully, you’ll find our directions useful – we are easy to find and only 10 minutes away from the N10 major road, despite being “away from it all”!
- When you arrive at the property, the access is through our small woodland. There is a track – only short! – which is a little uneven (no tarmac) and bumpy. We use this road every single time we leave our house and have had no problems at all. However, if your car is particularly low you might wish to discuss this with us before booking.
- Le Jardin du Berger has a designated parking area so that the views are not spoiled by cars! There is space for four cars – two for Le Pommier and two for La maison d'été. The parking is unsuitable for vehicles larger than a car.
- Your holiday home will be available from 4pm on your arrival date.
- The Lead Person MUST be present at check in and checkout and the keys will be handed to them.
- If you are expecting to arrive after 7pm – or if you are delayed on your journey – please contact us by telephone or text to inform us.
At the end of your stay:
- The cottages must be vacated by 10am at the very latest on your departure day. This is in order for us to prepare the property for the next guests, so we do hope you understand that this time is non-negotiable.
- Please let us know your anticipated departure time the day before you leave; the lead party must hand the keys to us in person at departure.
(2) Safety issues:
- Smoking is not permitted inside either of the gites nor around the swimming pool, communal gardens or woodland.
- If you use the BBQ please make sure you are careful not to light it next to plants, fences and trees and do not leave it unattended until it is no longer a threat.
- Please do not hang clothes – wet or dry - on the heaters (except on the towel heaters in the 2 shower rooms in Le Pommier).
(3) Refundable Damage Deposit:
We have a duty to all our guests to ensure that their holiday accommodation is good quality, with clean and damage-free equipment, furnishings and linen so they can have a comfortable stay. When you arrive for your holiday, the accommodation will be clean and ready for you. If we have missed something, and you notice something damaged or broken, PLEASE inform us immediately. At the end of your stay, please leave everything clean, tidy and undamaged beyond of course normal wear and tear. We will check the gite after – but on the same day as - your departure and should everything be in order, we will arrange to return your Damage Deposit – you should receive it within 7 days (usually within 48 hours).
- The Owners will not accept liability and no compensation or any other payment will be made if any cancellation or change to your booking is necessary due to events out of our control including terrorist activities, industrial disputes, natural and disasters, fire, flood, adverse weather conditions, technical problems with transportation, closure or congestion of airports, alterations or cancellation of schedules by carriers, loss of mains electricity or gas supplies, or any other events beyond our reasonable control.
These General Terms and Conditions were updated on 1st August 2017.